Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Impressions review: Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo

Hello fellow bloggers and readers! It's been awhile. I'm so glad I actually have time to actually post a blog! School has been taking up most of my time, but my New Year's resolution is to blog at least once a week. (Let's hope I can keep this up!)

Ok, so I've been really curious to try dry shampoo for awhile now. I finally caved yesterday when I went to Target and saw this baby:


My first thought: Omg this is sooooo cute!!! This is the travel size version of the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo. I decided to buy this small version ($1.99) instead of the full size version ($4.99) because I wasn't sure if I was going to love it or not. I've heard several youtubers talk about their favorite dry shampoos, but I haven't heard anyone mention this one. All the ones that I have seen in various favorites videos were the kind of dry shampoos that were in powder form. I didn't really see the attraction in buying a product that looked like baby powder and then having to massage it into your scalp. When I saw this was in a spray bottle, I figured I'd give it a shot. I used it this morning, and it smells amazing! There's a slight minty smell to it, but it's not something that's overpowering. I have a very sensitive nose, so I try to avoid products that have any sort of strong smell to them. This smells amazing when you spray it on and it's not heavy at all. It's like putting hairspray in your hair, minus the crunchy, greasy feeling. It also doesn't leave any white residue in your hair.

I should mention that I have straight hair that gets really oily if I don't shampoo it often. I know a lot of people say that shampooing your hair everyday is a terrible thing to do, but I do it because my hair is just so oily. I also have some acne and acne scars on my face, and I don't want the oils from my hair to transfer to my face. It's been about 4 hours into the day and so far, it's been controlling the oils in my hair pretty well. Even though I've only tried it for one day, I'm really enjoying the results and I'd recommend it to others. I kind of regret buying the small size version now, but at least I know I like the product. I'll definitely be buying the full size version once I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment