Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review: Etude House Fantastic Rouge LuciDarling Lipstick/Lip gloss and Darkness Lashes

I must say that the Korean cosmetic stuff I've tried so far has really impressed me. Here's a pic of my small collection of Asian cosmetic products.




I'm definitely looking forward to trying new products from these brands soon!


On my way back to the States from Thailand, my flight stopped at Korea (I took Korean Air) and took advantage of the cheap cosmetics there. I bought a couple of lip products from Etude House and I absolutely LOVE them all. I bought two lip glosses, one in the shade No. 4 and the other in shade No. 2.












I got these for $8 USD each. They have a nice scent to them that's not too nauseating or strong and they taste really good! Below are some swatches.




No. 4 and No. 2

These glosses are pretty pigmented and they're by far the best lip gloss I've ever tried. I heard a lot about Etude House products on YouTube and many people said that this particular brand has some really awesome lip products. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I totally understand why people like them. This lip gloss glides on smoothly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on your lips. It feels very moisturizing and looks good on its own or on top of a lipstick color.




These are two of the lipsticks I bought from the Korean airport as well. I think these were $6 USD each.




No. 9 and No. 3














I love No. 3 because it's a nudey pink and it's very similar to my MAC Shy Girl lipstick. My sister really likes No. 9. I find that No. 9 is a little too bright for my taste but I still love it. These lipsticks don't crack my lips or make them feel chapped/dry throughout the day. In one of the swatch pics above, you can see some glitter in both lipsticks but it doesn't have a frosty overly glittery finish to it at all, which I love. The packaging of these lipsticks is also super adorable. If you're looking for a new lipstick or lip gloss, I'd definitely recommend checking out any of Etude House's lip products. I only own the ones from the LuciDarling Fantastic Rouge collection but I've heard a lot of good things about the Miss Tangerine line as well.

Last, but not least, Darkness Lashes!! I spotted these inside H-mart and paid $4 for each of them. I like them, but I'm not really loving them all that much. I have to cut a little bit off because it's a little big for my eyes. When I wear them, I feel like they're really long and dramatic lashes, so if you're looking for some natural looking false eyelashes, these particular models are not the ones to get. I find that they're really great for a night out but not so much for everyday wear. I won't repurchase these again but I am willing to purchase other models from Darkness like the WOS one that Jen (frmheadtotoe) mentioned in her Nov. hits and misses video.


What are your favorite lip stick product/color and what are some good natural looking pair of false eyelashes that you've tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment