Thursday, December 1, 2011

K-Palette 24Hr Eyeliner and Dolly Wink Eyeliner Review

Hey everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I've been meaning to get this review posted but I've been super busy with family stuff and law school applications. Before I get into it, I wanted to share some things I did over the summer.

I went to Thailand this summer for a vacation with my family and for a wedding. I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had on this trip. My aunts and uncles live in Bangkok and we usually never travel outside the capital, but this time I visited Trang, Phuket, Hua Hin, and Pattaya. Here are some photos from my trip:




View from my room at Aleenta Resort in Phuket. It's breathtaking.





The bed that my sister and I slept in.




This picture was taken during my trip to Trang. The water is sooooo pretty!!!




The beautiful sunset in Trang.




View from Aleenta Resort in Phuket.




This was taken in a temple located in a remote cave in Trang.

My trip to Thailand was amazing! I'm so grateful and blessed to be able to visit and experience so many things while I was there and I hope to go back soon. I encourage anyone who wants to travel to Thailand to take the leap and go! You won't regret it. Now, onto the review!!!


While I was in Thailand, I took the opportunity to check out some of the Asian cosmetic brands that many people have been raving about such as Lioele, Etude House, Dolly Wink, and K-Palette. I wasn't able to find any Lioele products while I was there, however, because I believe the company focuses on selling their products over the internet probably to save on costs. I also wasn't able to find the Dolly Wink Eyeliner myself but lucky for me, one of my cousins is a flight attendant and she offered to get the Dolly Wink and K-Palette 24Hr eyeliner for me while she was in Japan. Here are some pics and swatches:













The swatch on the left is Dolly Wink and the right is K-Palette.

To me, the Dolly Wink eyeliner seems to be more pigmented than the K-Palette. I prefer using the Dolly Wink over the K-Palette because the Dolly Wink eyeliner is blacker and the pen is slightly bigger. The K-palette eyeliner I have isn't waterproof, so I can't really comment on how it stands up to water but both eyeliners last forever without smudging. They also have a fine brush tip that's perfect for making very thin and precise lines. I do, however, line my eyes heavily because of my monolids but I still love both of these eyeliners. Whenever I'm done with both of them, I think I'm going to purchase the K-palette waterproof version from Sasa and see if its lasting power is all it's cracked up to be.

I hope this little review was helpful and if you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try k-palette and DW liquid eyeliner. I'd prefer the DW though, mainly bcuz of the packaging. so kawaii ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DW packaging is extremely cute. I find that I've been reaching for my DW eyeliner more than the K-Palette one though, mainly because the DW is more pigmented. You should definitely try out the DW =]

    ReplyDelete